As a parent, you can use Family Link to do things like:
- Change some of your child's Google Account settings
Parents in your family group can use Family Link to manage account settings in your child's Google Account.
- Controls on Google Play: Purchase & download approvals and content restrictions
- Websites on Google Chrome
- Filters on Google Search
- Apps from Google Play
- Location on Android devices
- Monitor Google activity on your child's account
- Edit your child's Google Account info
- 2-Step Verification for your child's account
Note: Family Link's parental supervision services may vary depending on your child's device.
- Manage your child's apps on supervised devices: Decide which apps your child can download or purchase, block or allow apps, and change app permissions.
When you use Family Link to manage your child's Google Account, you can choose to limit the apps your child can use on certain devices.
Choose which apps from Google Play your child can use
- Block or unblock an app
- Require your approval for new apps on Google Play
- Help prevent your child from downloading mature apps
- Flag inappropriate content
- Set up parental controls for games work in Play Games
- Block or limit app access on your child's device
- Control their ability to view an app
- prevent your child from changing their app permissions
- See your child's app activity
- Manage your child's screen time on supervised devices: Set a bedtime or daily screen limits, and see how much time your child spends on certain apps.
When you create a Google Account for your child using Family Link, you can set screen time limits on their device. That way, you can lock your child's device at bedtime, after they've used it for a certain amount of time, or when you think they need a break.
- Check your child's device location
- Restrict mature content on Google Play
When you turn on parental controls, you can restrict what content can be downloaded or purchased from Google Play based on maturity level. The way parental controls work varies across Apps & Games, Music, Movies, TV, and Books.
Note: To see your child's Android device location or remotely manage their screen time and apps, you need the Family Link app